Scheduling start and stop of RDS instances help to significantly save costs. We will schedule all RDS Instances in the Dev environment to run from 09:00 to 18:00 on Monday to Friday.
Create a new schedule and set your timings (09:00 to 18:00, Monday to Friday)
2. Choose RDS as the service and DB Instances as the resource. Choose Tags For Resource from Add-Ons.
3. Set the filter to pass through all DB Instances with the tag env set to dev
4. Set the parking action to stop DB Instances
5. Set the unparking action to start DB Instances
6. Save and deploy the workflow